Sunday, September 23, 2012

Decision, Change, Decision, Change...

NOTE: This was actually written a week ago. I just forgot to post it. Not very good at blogging apparently.



I feel like the story of my life in the past year has been DECISION making and CHANGES! It went a little like this...

Get a Rockin' Internship.

Decide to Quit my Job to Dedicate Time to My Internship

Decide Not to go to Grad School.

Job Hunt.

Job Found.

Job Gone.

Decide to Eliminate Negativity.

Move.

Decide to Get a Dog.

Get a Dog.

Graduate.

Work as a Temp.

More Job Hunting.

Job Found.

Job Awful.

Decide I need to quit, for myself.

Get offered an Awesome Job that includes A LOT of driving.

Take Awesome Job and Drive A LOT.

Realize Driving Sucks.

Decide To Move.

Decide to Buy a House.

Start House Hunting.

Lose a House Bid War.

AND now we are HERE...

Currently I'm packing up my apartment, and getting ready to move on Saturday. I have never felt so conflicted in my life. I know that moving is what I need to do in my life, and I know that it's the right decision. But I don't want to move. I don't want to leave the city I love for a city I've always despised. I don't want to leave the life I've built here. Plus, now I have to create a whole new life. How stressful is that??? AND not to mention that this is only a temporary move. I'm going to move in with my parents for a while and hopefully find a house to purchase.

YEA that's right, Imma Buy A House!!! I know it's very exciting but HOLY STRESSFUL! Finding a house in the right location, for the right price, with the right qualities is virtually impossible.

So, there's all this and then there's that lonely feeling... Seriously the things I'm doing right now people don't usually do when they're 23 and single. My friends and family who are my age and have bought houses have all done it with husbands and such. My friends who who aren't married, are much smarter than me and haven't jumped into the "grown up" life as quickly as I have. And, while I have nothing against either group and I think they all bring their own assistance and guidance in my life, I really feel like no one really gets it.

This has all kinda caused me to have a bit of a mid life crisis. I don't really know where I fit in anymore. Or who I fit in with.

I just hope that I find a home soon. Maybe if I get my life settled in one place, and I can really make Twin my home I'll be able to meet people and really settle in. I'm really sick of being in transit and I want to be in one place for longer than a year. I don't want to worry about where I'm going to go next.

I'm told how lucky I am to have the job I have and have the opportunities I have, and I know that I am. But it's kind of a double edged sword don't you think?

I guess I just have to buckle down and push through the this season of transition. It has to slow down some day right?

So, I guess I'm done with the pitty party. I'll keep y'all updated. BUT if you could send some positive thoughts and prayers my way I'd really appreciate it.

<3 nbsp="nbsp">

No comments:

Post a Comment