Sunday, December 28, 2014

New Year's Resolutions... The Struggle

I'm a fan of the New Year's Resolution. I really am. I've set and failed at many in my life, but I still love them.

I was epically successful in 2013 when I promised myself I'd look and feel better by 25.

That ends the list of notable successes.

Nevertheless I see no fault in reflecting on my not-so-perfect qualities and setting goals for improvement.

I think we all need goals. I write goals for the children on a regular basis. Which is completely against several therapeutic theories, but when you work for the man you do what he wants.

Anyways, so I know how to write goals. I'm good at it in fact. You want me to write a S.M.A.R.T. goal? I'm all over it.

The problem is that I have too many goals, and I don't want to set myself up for failure. I prefer success over failure.

Here are a list of things I want to do...
-Pay down my debt. For real.
-Eat better more often.
-Run more.
-Blog more.
-Show more gratitude.
-Pass my classes.
-Create world peace.

Ok... so the last one would be cool, but maybe that should be a life resolution.

I know that to be successful I need to monitor my progress and have measurable goals. I also know doing them all at once might cause steam to come out of my ears.

I'm thinking of having monthly goals or monthly themes.

With school it will be difficult to make leaps and bounds in any part of my life, but I want to do everything to set myself for epic successes in 2016.

I just have to.figure out how to do that...

Suggestions???

No comments:

Post a Comment