Sunday, September 23, 2012

Dollar Store Wreath...

So, on Pinterest I've noticed that making wreaths for different holidays seems like the big thing. Yesterday when I was procrastinating packing up my life, and decided to go look around the dollar store. I heard that there's tons of stuff for crafts, so I figured I'd check it out! Turns out they were right. There were even wreath bases!!! (Well, that's what I'm calling them. Little round foam things.) Granted it was smaller than a normal size wreath, but I was feeling cheap and didn't feel like driving to a craft store so I went for it. They also had a bunch of fake flowers for fall... and I knew exactly what to do next...


... yup! I made a wreath! I made this beauty for $13! it could easily be made for less than $10 though. I bought 3 strands of leaves which could be eliminated because they add no coverage, just accents. Also, I bought ribbon because I didn't have a matching color BUT if you have ribbon it'll save you another dollar!!!

Putting it together was easy too! I simply popped the flowers off the stems and put a little hot glue on them before I shoved them into the foam. It was harder to get the leaves to stay and I'd glue them on and then stick a flower over them to push them into the foam.

For some added flair, I used some glitter spray paint and made it sparkle!!!!!!!!

I'm going to say that this was a success. &&& It delayed my packing about an hour. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment