Saturday, October 13, 2012

Are you sure you want to delete your Facebook?

So I've been thinking long and hard about deleting my Facebook. I know, I know... AM I NUTS? I'm totally a Facebook Whore, but I think I'm at the point in life that it's doing more harm than good. Here's a list of reasons I think it's time to move on in my life...

A. Honestly, sometimes when people do things I feel left out or like I'm missing out on some part of life. And I know that is ridiculous!!! But for real, don't you ever think "aw man I want to play." Without Facebook, I wouldn't have that problem. FOR REAL, I would never even know!!! Ignorance may indeed be bliss! 

B. I do need to be careful due to my job. I just really can't have some of the little darlings I work with stumbling upon my Facebook randomly and conveniently. 

C. People are so fake on there it should be called a Sci-Fi Network not a Social Network. I mean let's be honest even if it's unintentional people give crazy personas of themselves on Facebook. There's the happy person who cannot always be that happy, the sad person who cannot always be that sad, and the completely crazy person you know has to have a little normal in them somewhere!!!

D. Facebook brings out the the 12 year old in all of us. I mean most of us have had that moment when we think "OMG are they crazy. I cannot believe they actually said that." or "OMG she's so annoying I'm deleting her." or "OMG she deleted me that bitch!" Don't lie, you've done it... and how unbecoming, huh? 

E. People survived before Facebook... FOR REAL IT'S TRUE! And maybe it could be kind of neat to like talk to people face to face sometimes... or like go visit people... I know I'm CRAZY, but it just might be fun!?!?!?!

F. I could probably cut down on the amount of Data I use substantially on my phone if I am not on Facebook. Savin' money!!! And I don't think I am going to get internet in my new house anyway. 

G. Real life, there are some people I don't associate with in person for a reason and I don't really care that they know everything about me!!! And sure I could just delete them but please see item "D". And let's be honest, even if you delete someone they will find out what they need to know. That's when people say things like "uh log on I want to creep on her, can you believe she deleted me???" (Refer to "D" for more information.) And that seems even more annoying than everyone knowing everything. 

H. DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH TIME PEOPLE WOULD HAVE IF THEY DIDN'T HAVE FACEBOOK??? I could probably like write a book... 

Now, I do recognize that Facebook has some pluses such as:

Z. Some people have cute kids and I like to look at their pictures. 

Y. It's easy to keep in touch with family and friends. 

But, that's A-H vs. Z-Y and Z-Y just isn't enough to justify it.

That being said, I'm deleting my Facebook here in the near future. I'm going to try using this phone I spend a billion dollars on for things like phone calls........ Weird huh???

&&& Don't you fret, I'll still be on Instagram and Pinterest.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck! We believe in you!
    -Nathan and Ali (I was going to sign this as "the Edwards'" but realized that might not be clear enough...)

    ReplyDelete