Sunday, October 28, 2012

Color Run, Halloween, & Horses

So this weekend I had a fantastic get away to the city of my heart. Seriously it was amazing. And it went a little like this... 

First thing Saturday morning it was time for the color run! 


Hannah, Kelsey, Jessica, Katie, and I started off wearing all white and looking lovely in our crowns... 


And after walking a 5K (and a little color fighting among ourselves) we looked a little like this!


It was seriously one of the funnest tings I've ever done!!! Plus we looked beautiful!!! :) 

We did do a few errands looking this way, and people kept looking at as weird and asking questions. I still don't understand why.

Next we went back to Jessica's to finish up some costumes. Mine was mostly done, so I helped with other people's costumes. We were certainly Crafty Cathy's!!! Here's some pictures of my shirt though; I'm pretty proud of it. 


All I did to make it was print out everything I wanted on paper, and use fabric Modge Podge to stick it on! I don't think I'm going to be able to ever wash it, but for one night of Halloween celebration it was perfect! I also added some glitter, because the Modge Podge didn't dry completely clear in the black (see around the Monopoly man) I used glitter to cover up the smudges. The front simply said Monopoly. 

After our costumes were ready to go we got all dolled up and ready to hit the town!!! 


There was Spiderman, Hulk, a peacock, Monopoly, Candy Land, Twister and even a dart board! Clearly tutus are a common theme. We got really good at making them!!! Just FYI it takes about 3-4 rolls of tulle to make an adult size tutu. Which we had to figure out on our own, because it turns out there's not a lot of tutorials on how to make adult size tutus!!! 


And we had a little fun. :) 


Together we called ourselves "Game Night." 


Two of my favorite girls! 


Close up of me and the birthday girl! Also, my monocle. Seriously, arguably the best part of my costume... and I lost it at the FIRST BAR!!! So sad it didn't last longer. But I got some good pics! 

We had lots of fun dancing and drinking. But then again, we always do! 

Then we passed out and got some zzzzzzz's... 

Finally, this afternoon we rode some horses. Our time was a little short cuz I'm kind of a brat and wanted to get home at a decent hour to get some sleep tonight. I knew I'd need it after such a crazy weekend. But it was still fun! 


This is Bon Bon, the horse we rode. 


Her and I were a little rocky to begin with but I think that we were alright buds in the end. :) 

Anywho, it was a much needed getaway and such a fun weekend! Shout out to Jessica, Kelsey, and Hannah for letting me crash at their house!!! 

Now back to the real world... 










No comments:

Post a Comment