Tuesday, April 14, 2015

The deal...

Here's the deal... 

I don't want to talk about this but I feel I should. 

There are parts I refuse to discuss unless you are like super close to me and I can cry to you.

I feel the need to discuss this, because I'm finding it is discussed but it's not.

Also, it's primarily discussed when when women struggle to have babies (the part I don't want to discuss), but not before. Amd not in regards to fitness. 

There are women, like me, who have struggled with weight and million of other things and not known. Especially since it's estimated that 5-10% of women have this. 

How discouraging! People don't want to get healthy without results, and if you have this you might not see results! 

What is it? 

PCOS

The letters are less scary to me, but it stands for polycystic ovary syndrome. 

You can research the shitty parts of it, but basically it's created a new challenge for me in the fitness world because it involves insulin resistance. If I don't take care of myself I can develop type 2 diabetes.

I'm glad I know what I'm facing, but it's going to be trial and error doing it. I have enlisted a dude who seems to know something to help with my diet. We'll see. 

I definitely am struggling mentally with my body right now. I feel very broken. It'll take some work. 

So, back to why I need to discuss it... 
1. Because if I know anyone with this, it would be great to feel less alone. 
2. I have a ton of fitness crazed friends, and I could use their support now more than ever. 
3. Blogging is a form of therapy for me, and I just need to blog about it. (Even if people don't quite "get" that.)

Thanks for reading friends. ❤️❤️❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment