Sunday, November 11, 2012

Conte-not

So, my goal this week was to be content with what I had. I was going to keep my debit card in my purse and just be content with life the way it was.

Well... That was a fail...

Problem #1: I'm like a little kid. If I (or someone else) tells me I can't, I do everything in my power to fight against it. This turns into quite the internal battle. I did pretty well the first part of the week, but Wednesday I bought a bark collar, dog bones, and a brand new outfit. All were unnecessary but I just had to spend money!!!!!!!!!

Problem #2: So, regarding the clothes purchase... I can't be the only woman in the world who just feels better with a cute new outfit, right? I was having a "ugh I'm so fat" kind of day and was going to a big work function the next day... I had to figure something out and FAST!!! It was an EMERGENCY!!! Well... maybe not an emergency but it felt like one! And I felt good at the work function! BUT... not so good when I looked at my bank account. Ugh.

Problem #3: I'm about to close on my house. So naturally I had to buy a 13 gallons of paint and painting supplies. And I couldn't  be content with my whole house being one color. My room has to be different, duh...

Ugh... Sometimes I'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo dumb...

Welp, I'm going to retry that goal again this week. I know that I'll probably never be "perfect" at being content, but I need to do better than the sorry mess I had last week.

Wish me Luck! (Again)

No comments:

Post a Comment