Sunday, November 11, 2012

Creative Cathy!

Ok, you got me... my name isn't Cathy... 

BUT MAN OH, MAN WAS I CREATIVE THIS WEEKEND!!! 

Let's start with the cupcakes... 

First I took some hits from Fabulessly Frugal's blog and made some super duper yummy cake mix cup cakes!!! 

The trick is to use 1 or 2 extra eggs, replace the water with milk, and double the oil but use melted butter instead. 

Seriously FANTASTIC! 

Then to decorate them I used a recipe from Planet Pals to make salt glitter only I substituted the salt for sugar. Mostly because salt on my cupcakes did not sound appetizing.... 

Now, my "glitter" did not look anything like the picture. My guess is that salt works better than sugar, but my cupcakes still turned out pretty beautiful if you asked me! 


I left some plain because I was worried that the extra sugar would make the cupcakes taste weird or make them way too sweet, and I didn't want to ruin all of my cupcakes! They were pretty sweet but not so much that anyone in my family avoided them. So I deem it a success! 

I also made a stocking! (I know, I'm going to be a fabulous grandma someday.)

I was really wanting to make something with yarn but was pretty sick of making scarves and beanies, so I went to my trusty friend Pinterest and found a fabulously easy stocking pattern at the Loom Room using a round knitting loom!


I'm pretty proud of this creation! This one is for my puppy, and I'm making myself one to hang in our new house!!!

Seriously, I love my creative bursts of energy. So fun! 


No comments:

Post a Comment