Monday, June 23, 2014

Friends

The last few weeks have been so so good for my soul. After having this nagging feeling of loneliness for the last few weeks, I think God took sometime to show me how loved I am. 

I was able to spend time in Boise hanging out with some amazing friends. Friends who listen, love, and remind me of how far I've come. 

I drank a lot of wine on a couch in my basketball shorts with an old friend turned new again. It was so nice to talk about where life has taken us the last few years, and even nicer to know that we are reunited (and it feels so good)! You can always tell people about your past, but there is just something about friends who have lived it with you. 

Then there was a night with a newer friend talking about life and politics while eating pizza and ice cream and painting nails. 

Then I spent a weekend watching a few friends start their life together with a bunch of friends that are do loving, caring, and freaking hilarious! 

Today, my brother moved in, so my house is a little less empty. I'm so fortunate to have such a good relationship with my brother, and am so excited for him and his new adventure! 

And in the middle of all that I've certainly felt the love of my friends at Crossfit! Where I almost always end up feeling warm and fuzzy. 

To be honest, it's not the way that I wanted my prayers answered, but it has worked out quite beautifully! 

No comments:

Post a Comment