Thursday, June 5, 2014

I'm OVERFAT!!! YAY!!!

Holy Moly! Today is such a good day!

I'm going for a trifecta today!

1. I PR'd my deadlift by 15#!!! No strength programs. No nothing. Just picked up a bar and said, "This feels good today!" and PR BITCHES!

2. I got freakin' AWESOME results from Eat to Perform!!!

3. I'm about to tell you how much I weigh. Yup! I'm going to do it! Why? Because I've come a long way from the day I wrote this. AND, I don't care if people know what I weigh. AND I think everyone should just stop giving two shits about what they weigh and should really strive to just be healthier, whatever that may mean to you. To me, being healthy is about feeling good in my own skin, being mentally strong, eating well (most of the time), building muscle mass, and generally just being AWESOME! We all should stop giving two shits about what people think about us. When I first started Crossfit I was ashamed to say I was a Crossfitter, because I didn't "look like one". Whatever the hell that means. I now realize that I look like a Crossfitter everyday when I do work outs. I look like a Crossfitter every time I put on my Nanos. I'm a Crossfitter, dammit. Whatever you do to be healthy. Whatever label you want... take it & OWN IT! In order for me to OWN IT and maybe inspire others to OWN IT... I'm about to put it all out on the table.

I weigh 239 pounds. Yup... That's just 11 short pounds away from 250. Which is half of 500. And I don't give a shit. AND I'm actually stronger today than I was 2.5 months ago. Here are numbers from 3/21/2014 and Today!


In case math is difficult for you... I put on 20.4lbs of muscle in the last 2.5 months. 




Ok, you can pick your jaw up off the floor now.

I also lost close to 10% body fat. 



Seriously... pick up your damn jaw. 

AND I gained 8lbs... which is totally cool with me!!! (Except now I have to eat more protein than before, which was not my goal when I stepped on the scale. Ha!)



I am so excited Eat to Perform has really been amazing. I have never had something work so well. The whole concept sounds absolutely nuts at first, but it is so awesome. I feel better than ever! I think every Crossfitter should give it a shot. It hasn't been easy. Somedays I've felt totally pudgy. Other days I was so full I wanted to puke. Somedays I was actually hungry (???). 

In addition to these numbers... I have been PRing like crazy. AND I can walk into any store and try on clothes. I know this sounds crazy to some, but I wanted nothing more than to be able to shop in any store I want. Now, I can! Things may not always look the best, but I'm not squeezing into things, or unable to zip things up. It's kind of dangerous though, because shopping is fun again! To me, these are the most important things. These are the things that make me comfortable in my skin. These are the things that give me confidence to try new things. These are the things that make me warm and fuzzy inside. 

I know that I am more than a body, but today I feel so good! I'm going to embrace that! :) 

2 comments: