Monday, June 3, 2013

Day 22

Today is the best that I've felt about a work out in a while.

I do one of two things normally...

I either freak the f*** out because I don't do as well as I think I should and there are things I can't do.

OR

I just get a "I don't give a f***" attitude, and am lackadaisical about the work out.

TODAY, I think I pushed myself pretty hard. I also think that there is room for improvement. I'm sure there always is. I could have dug a little deeper. I also REALLY, REALLY, REALLY want to do a pull up during a work out (with bands). The problem is that my arms are weak so I need lots of bands, but my body weight won't push the bands down anymore and after doing 100 wall balls the leggs in my muscles don't work so well. I like to pretend that I lost so much weight that it can't hold the bands down anymore. (Well, it might be true. We'll find out on Wednesday!) I still do the work out, but I do what we call "Stef-Ups" we take a short PVC pipe and string it between two bands and I pull it down. The good news is that I was pulling lower than I have ever pulled.

SO, here is my new goal. I will do 5 sets of 10 pull ups every day for 2 weeks before my WOD. Even if we are doing pull ups in the WOD. Because I can't do pull ups in the WOD anyways. I will fight for them. Every last pull up. Then maybe in 2 weeks I'll be able to move down to lighter bands and will be able to do a WOD...

I'll let you know!

Quick, yummy lunch today!


I shredded a chicken breast and mixed it with my avocado dressing. Then I cored out a cucumber and filled it up. 
There were actually 4 of these babies. So yummy!

Oh... 

AND I GOT NEW KICKS!!!


Aren't they beautiful??? 

I'm an official CrossFitter now! :) 

1 comment:

  1. Holy shit that's a great idea with the cucumber!! What the hell were you thinking when you wanted to talk to me about recipes?? I need to get with you and take notes!!

    ReplyDelete