Sunday, June 16, 2013

Fruit, Squash, and Daddy's Day!!!

I don't mean to brag, BUT I'm kind of a genius. 

The other day I was thinking, "Man I need more fresh fruit in my green smoothies, but it takes so long to prepare it that it makes me late for work."
Then I had a thought...
"By Golly, I should chop it all up before hand!!!" 
And let me tell you, it turned out beautifully!!!


Don't you think??? 
I used apples, grapefruit, oranges, strawberries, and cucumbers. 
The citrus in the grapefruit and oranges keep the apples from turning brown. 
I take a cup full of it and throw it in my blender. I then add half a frozen banana, half a cup of frozen berries, and fill the rest of the blender up with fruit. I've also been adding half a cup of coconut water and half a cup of regular water. 

Mmmm...

Then I got even smarter. I thought, "I want a popsicle." 

So, I blended up 2 cups of my fruit mixture with a tiny tiny bit of water and put it into popsicle molds. 


Mmmm...

So, then I thought, "I'm going to brag about my Paleo popsicles on Instagram by taking a cute picture of me eating one, and saying something quite like 'Sweet Summer Time'." 

Yea...


Apparently, taking cute pictures while sucking on things is a practiced skill. I cant' say that I'm disappointed that I'm not good at them. 

But total FAIL!!! 

Also, I bought these baby squash, because they were cute. Now, not all things are better small... BUT a lot of things sure are cute when they're small!!! 


I cooked them like I cooked regular squash. Next time I'm not going to cut them as small though. I'm going to just cut them in half. 

They were pretty yummy in my tummy!!!

Anywho... It was Father's Day this weekend, and I'm pretty proud of what I produced for him...


A Carona Cake!!! Isn't it beautiful??? Just a few of his favorite things. He was pretty excited, but did point out that I didn't have it on ice... I just can't ever do anything right... Haha... Just kidding. He loved it. 

Now this last pic is from way back in the day... But it is one of my favorites!!! 


I wish everyone could have a father as great as mine!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment