Monday, October 14, 2013

Paleo Pulled Pork and Coleslaw

I know, I know... It sounds too good to be true. 

You're right. It is. 

But it's almost true! And I'm pretty certain it could be true with the right tweeks. 

Here's how it went though... 

PULLED PORK - This recipe came from my mom. Her recipe called for a roast that's about 6lbs. Since I am one person, I got a smaller roast and adjusted the measurements. I also changed out the brown sugar for honey. (Fun Fact: She served this at my high school graduation!)

2.5 Pork Picnic Roast
1 Can Tomatoes
1/4 Cup Honey
1/4 Cup Vinegar

***The Not Paleo Part***
1/4 Cup Worcestershire Sauce
1/4 Cup Soy Sauce

Take all that stuff and throw it in the crock-pot. I left mine in for a bout 6 hours. My guess is that you can sub out the Worcestershire Sauce and Soy Sauce BUT I was too lazy to research if they were Paleo or not. I figure if that's the worse thing I eat I'm doing A-O-K! 

COLESLAW - I used this Paleo Mayo recipe from Gone for a Run. I did tweek it a bit. I did not use the mustard seed. I HATE MUSTARD! I also pretty much used this Coleslaw recipe from the primal food blog, but I tweeked it. 

1 Bag of Coleslaw mix (I am not a good chopper)
5 Tbs Paleo Mayo
1 (plus a little) Tbs Honey (Do you like my exact measurements?)
2 Tbs Apple Cider Vinegar
Salt to Taste

I mixed all of that yumminess together. 

Now, for the grand finally! 

Obviously, I  did not put this pulled pork on buns. Instead I married my two masterpieces... 

Step One... 


Step 2...

Pork on Top!!! 

Seriously, it was so yummy. I highly recommend it!!! Even if it is only... 


I'm sure you bright souls can figure out a paleo pulled pork recipe. 






No comments:

Post a Comment