Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Cookin' Fails

I'm a good cook. A good freakin' cook. This week, however, I have FAILED at everything I've tried to make. Well, not that I didn't make it right... I just did not like it. 

It started Saturday when I made a creamy tomato chicken soup. It looked delicious, but there was WAY too much chicken and the chicken was dry. Very dry. 

Then Sunday I made homemade apple sauce and squash bread with Banana squash. The apple sauce had too much cinnamon. The squash bread was gross. Well, not gross. It just had a weird texture. It was made with almond flour. I've decided almond flower isn't my thing. 

Yesterday, I made banana squash and leek soup with bacon. It was OK, but really didn't hit the spot. 

Today, I made prosciutto wrapped fennel. First of all, prosciutto is EFFING EXPENSIVE! Seriously, it's about a dollar per paper thin slice. Well, not quite but pretty freaking close. And it's so salty! I really don't think I'll ever buy it again. Maybe my taste buds are simple, but I'd much rather have bacon. And fennel. Well... Yea... not my thing. &&& I made my super yummy honey roasted nuts and didn't use enough honey. 

WTF!!! 

Seriously, I'm so frustrated. I don't even want to eat because nothing sounds good. I know I need to eat though, so I do. Even if I don't like it. 

I'm kind of frustrated and just need some good food. 

Tomorrow, I'm going to health-ify KFC's mashed potato bowl. Stay tuned. Hopefully tomorrow is a success! 

No comments:

Post a Comment