Monday, May 27, 2013

Day 15

Someday I am going to be a famous Paleo chef. 

You'll be happy to say that you were here from the beginning. 

Today I made STUFFED PEPPERS!!! 

Here's the skinny. 
(Like what I am going to be come) 
Hehe :)

First I made sauce. 
It is almost identical to the "soup" I made the other day. 
I loved it so much that I decided it would make great sauce. 
It did. 
I did use some more carrots this time and added spinach. 
Here is the recipe to the saucy soup.

Look at all that goodness in the blender.

It turned into this saucy goodness. 

Ok, it's not pretty.
It's yummy!!!

I certainly did not use all of this.
I froze 4 cups of it for the future. 
Then I filled up 2 jars that I put in the fridge. 
I plan to put this on spaghetti squash, and anything else that needs a saucy kick! 
Yum! 

Now, to the peppers. 

For the filling I used: 
3 Small Zucchinis
1 Yam
1 Onion
1 Pound of Hamburger
1-2 Cups of Saucy Goodness
Your favorite seasonings how ever much you like and add them when you like. 

I sauteed the zucchini, yam, and onion together in olive oil, salt, and pepper.
Then I put it in a bowl. 

I then browned the hamburger with Season All 

I then mixed all of the goodness in the bowl with the sauce. 

The potatoes were not all the way cooked. They'll finish cooking in the peppers. 


I then put that yumminess in these peppers. 


I forgot the picture of the stuff in the peppers, so you'll need to use your imagination. 

I cooked them at 350 for 30 minutes. 

They came out looking like this... 


Mmmm...


I have never had a stuffed pepper before, so I don't know how to eat them properly. 

I just cut it in half and grabbed a little goodness with each bite of pepper. 

I did have a lot of filling left over, and no more big peppers. 

Whatever did I do??? 

I made baby peppers!!!


I only cooked these for about 20 minutes. 

I never could have done this without this fella... 


Long and skinny, helped me get the stuffing down in the peppers. 

I don't even know where these came from. 

I have our silverware set from when we were growing up, and we just always had these spoons. Great for chocolate milk stirring back in the day. Now, that, that's out the window I'll just use it for pepper stuffing. 


I have them all ready for snack time at work tomorrow. 

In other News: 

CAN YOU BELIEVE I ONLY HAVE 9 DAYS LEFT??? 

I mean, I plan to keep eating Paleo but I never thought these 24 days would end. 

Now it's like here! 

How awesome! 

It does get easier. 

Now that I'm getting creative it is much more enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment