Friday, May 17, 2013

Day 5

First, you should know I'm ANGRY right now. I'm pretty sure I've been lied to my whole life. 

Let me set the scene... 

All day all I've wanted to do is drink. Yummy, tasty alcohol. I even Googled "Paleo Alcohol". I know, I know it's only 24 days, then I can have a cheat day or two with alcohol... just got to make it through. AND that is exactly what I told myself. You got this Stef! You got this! I decided that I would eat sweet potato fries tonight instead of drinking. I mean sweet potato fries are yummy, and I can pretend like I'm eating real fries. The perfect compromise. I stop by the store after my killer WOD and got sweet potatoes. I get home and start peeling, and much to my surprise I saw this... 


WHAT THE HELL??? SWEET POTATOES ARE SUPPOSED TO BE ORANGE NOT EFFING WHITE!!! 

I mean, I always knew there was a difference between sweet potatoes and yams... I did not know that the difference was their color! When I go to restaurant and I order sweet potato fries they are ORANGE!!! So, all this time the bastards have been feeding effing yams without telling me!!! 

Naturally, I'm ANGRY!!! I know it doesn't seem like a big deal, but I'm hungry, I looked forward to "sweet potato" fries all day, and (just like Kristin said) I'm freaking moody!!! I didn't know who I wanted to hurt. I did consider taking the sweet potatoes back to the store and telling them where to shove them, but decided I'd like to buy my yams from there. 

I called my mom. Mom's are supposed to know everything. I told her I'd been lied to my whole life, but she seemed to be thinking I was overreacting. She proceeded to tell me, "sweet potatoes are better with less sugar... they'll turn more orange when you bake them... just try them." 

I listened to my mom. I never listen to my mom. I baked them. You want to know what they looked like after they were done??? 

I don't know if she's color blind or what her problem is, but THESE ARE NOT EFFING ORANGE!!! 

She called me about the time these were finishing up all perky, "How did they go Stefani?!... You should just try them." Well... let me just tell you that this conversation ended like this, "Ok, well you seem a little sassy right now, so I'm going to go" *Click*. 

I know you're wondering... Did Stefani get her "sweet potato" fries??? 

YOU BET YOUR ASS I DID!!! 

I went to the store with make up smeared all over my face, basketball shorts, and a t-shirt. I even contemplated not wearing a bra, but decided small children should not be scared by that sight. It's not their fault that no one told me that I've been eating yam fries. They're probably being lied to, too. Poor little saps. 

Currently my yam fries are still cooking. You might get a pic if I'm still writing this. Or you might not. They'll look similar to the "sweet potato" fries you get at restaurants. 

ON A POSITIVE NOTE... 

I dead lifted 245 pounds today!!! 
 This is me being a bad ass. 

Also, overall today went well. I didn't get as tired as I got the last two days. Apparently I'm still slightly moody, but I don't have a husband or children, so it's cool. 

***BEEP***

So, maybe they little a different than a restaurant... but they are fantastic. 

***Sigh*** 

Ok, now I can move on with my life and cuddle with my Chihuahua's and watch a movie. 

But you better believe your ass that next time someone serves me yam fries and calls them "sweet potato" fries... I WILL FREAK OUT ON THEM!!! FALSE ADVERTISEMENT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment