Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Day 9

So, I'm pretty sure I have the opposite of Body Dismorphic Disorder. I think I'll call it Body Mightymorphic Disorder. 

Normally girls think they're fatter, slower, weaker than they are, right? 

NOT ME!

I think I'm skinnier, faster, and stronger than I am. Ha! 

Now, I am improving greatly in all three areas, but my perception of myself is not always realistic. 

For example: 
I'm losing weight, but I don't see it because I didn't think I was "THAT" big to begin with. 

This for real plays out at Cross Fit. I apparently think I'm Super Woman and should be able to do everything flawlessly. 

I believe my quote today was, "I'm so use to being awesome, I don't know how to not be awesome." 

I'm so vain... I know this song is about me!!!

There were definitely tears because I couldn't get my effing elbows up while I was front squatting.

Stupid effing elbows. Who needs them???

So, at normal gyms I've always felt judged for not doing these right. I always felt like there were eyes on me saying, "Really, that treadmill is set at 4 and you call that running?" 

At Cross Fit everyone knows your strengths and weaknesses, because you work out together so often. They see your successes even when you don't. 

And tell me another gym where you yell at your coach for doing her job and then cry during a work out, and afterwards everyone tells you how great you are and tell you not to give up. They remind you how far you've come and that it's OK to not be perfect. And then they hug you. And then while you finish up the work out everyone keeps encouraging you. AND that can happen (to one degree or another) to any person in that gym on any given night.

I'm waiting... 

Still waiting... 

Can't think of one can you???

Nope!

Another win for Cross Fit!!! 

Seriously, Cross Fit is the only reason that I actually WANT to stay in Twin. 

So, I guess I'm going to work on my Body Mightymorphic Disorder! I'm going to let myself be OK with having flaws. And be glad that I'm not perfect, because that means I have things to work on! Which means more time with The Pack!

In other good news... 

LAST FIBER DRINK TOMORROW!!!

PRAISE THE LORD ALMIGHTY!!! 

THAT STUFF SUCKS!!! 

Really, though... I'm feeling awesome. I'm getting use to this Paleo stuff. 

Never thought I'd say that! 

No comments:

Post a Comment