Sunday, May 12, 2013

Preparin'...

So, I have done my grocery shopping... I've bought the challenge goodness... I've done my food prep... I've eatin' all the shit I won't be able to eat... I think I'm just about ready to go....

For the next week I'll be eating this stuff...

This is a salad with spring mix, spinach, grape tomatoes, and cucumbers. I also have avocado to put in it, but I'll cut that up each day as I eat it. Don't want it brown and mushy!!! 

I heard that Annie's dressing is good. It's all natural (I really can read the ingredients). I think I'll use the balsamic mostly, but the raspberry looked so yummy! 

Cooked this chicken on the George Foreman, and will be using it in my salad. 

Obviously cooked these babies on the George Foreman also. I cooked them after the chicken, so they have chicken crunchies. Yum! I'll eat these with my whole chicken breasts. 

I made these foil packets with chicken, lime, salt, pepper, and of course asparagus  I love cooking chicken this way because it's flavorful and moist inside!!! I wish I could give you accurate cooking times, but I cooked these at 350 and checked at 25 minutes, then checked again 15 minutes later, and then bumped it up to 400 and cooked them for 8 more minutes. They were finally cooked after that... but not exactly efficient. The trick is to make sure that the foil is sealed nice and tight like, so that it steams itself in the foil. 

And my favorite. Bacon, sweet peppers, and green beans. Cook the bacon really crispy first, drain out most of the fat, and then throw in any veggies that you want to be extra yummy. It'll change your life... just saying!!!

I also froze some bananas for smoothies. That's not too complicated though. I peel the banana, break it in half, and put them in a zip lock bag. 

I'm really excited and really nervous to start this adventure. \

But first thing tomorrow morning it's game on!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment